Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chapter 17 Our good days 1

If you give me five dollars I will be your friend forever. That's what the little one tells me.

  Five dollars is cheap since I don't have any friends except Cathy who is only my friend till Tuesday.

  Five dollars, five dollars.

  She is trying to get some body to chip in so they can buy a bicycle form this kid named Tito. They already have ten dollars and all they need is five more.

  Don't talk to them, says Cathy. Can't you see they smell like a broom.

  But I like them. Their clothes are crooked and old. They are wearing shiny Sunday shoes without socks. It makes their bald ankles all red, but I like them. Especially the big one who laughs with all her teeth. I like her even though she lets the little one do all the talking.

  Five dollars, the little one says, only five.

No comments: