Monday, September 29, 2014

Rah Digga Says Iggy Azalea Isn't Hip-Hop

Rah Digga Says Iggy Azalea Isn't Hip-Hop
Golden age hip-hop heads are no doubt familiar with Rah Digga. One of the premier emcees, male or female, that this genre has to offer, the former Flipmode affiliate has what one might refer to as "clout." In other words, when Rah Digga says you're not hip-hop, there's a distinct possibility that you're not hip-hop.

“Iggy Azalea it’s like I can’t get into her,” Rah Digga said in an interview with ThisIs50. “Because it’s just not real to me. There is a white girl from Australia that spits in an Australian accent, and her name is Chelsea Jane. That I can get into. Teach me Australian Hip Hop culture. Don’t come to America and try to convince me that you’re Gangsta Boo. Personally, I don’t consider her Hip Hop. I listen to her album. Everything that I hear on there is everything but that. And I feel like Hip Hop is Hip Hop.”

Rah also shared her thoughts on Remy Ma's recent release.

“I think she’s on a good path,” Digga said. “I think she definitely needs to just do a little homework and kind of like get on these blogs and internet and really see what’s out there…I’ve heard her say she got to listen to the radio while she was in jail. And I feel like listening to the radio by itself will make you think like ‘Oh, that’s all? That’s my competition? I’m straight.’ I don’t think she’s really aware of how much dopeness is out there…If I was her I wouldn’t try to jump in the Barbie box.”

Is Iggy a hip-hop artist or a pop artist who happens to rap? Let us know what you think in the comment section.

www.lover-fashion.com Hip Hop Clothing Stores Hip Hop Dance Clothing Stores

No comments: